Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Shiny New Blog

I have a blog! I've been wanting to put up a blog for awhile now, but haven't, due to the fact that I couldn't come up with a name that fit. People had some good suggestions, some of which I tried but were already taken. Yesterday I came up with "The Whole E Bang," which I really liked. The reason is twofold: (1) it's a play off of "The Whole Shebang" (which is taken, by the way), and (2) as an undergrad I picked up the nickname "Elizabeth!" or "E!" for short. The "!" is known as "bang" in computer speak-ese, so you'd say I'm "Elizabeth Bang" or "E Bang." Therefore, "The Whole E Bang" (or simply "The Whole E!") is perfect.

So I finally have a blog. I'm excited. I enjoy writing and rambling about random things (as some of you know, I'm sure); comments are encouraged. :) I'd love to hear from people out there reading this.

10 comments:

Colleen said...

Brilliant! Welcome to the blogging, world.

Anonymous said...

Hooray hooray hooray hooray!

Jim and Lisa said...

Yea! Welcome!

Amy said...

Yay! This makes me happy.

Ruth J said...

Hilarious!! :-)

Travis B. Hartwell said...

Yay for a new blog.

Kevin said...

Better hope Deke! doesn't get you for plagiarism now that this is out there...

Treat Queen said...

I'm excited to read what you write!! And hopefully find time to leave comments too. Good to see you in cyberspace!

Jason C. said...

So, I think you've got several more levels to the name thing - 1) "Holy Bang" if any of your musings assume a more spiritual bent, 2) Whole Bang ~ Big Bang ~ my favorite astronomer, 3) "Holey Bang" if you bang something out about black holes, 4)Whole E! if you wanted to do a metablog on E! Entertainment Network...really, it seems like the list is pretty extensive when you get to thinking about it.

Liz H. said...

even i have found you :) fun!