The internet is a great thing. By looking at the Meetinghouse Locater on lds.org, I was able to find out when and where each of the five Tucson University wards met. I decided to attend one that met at 1:00 in a church building not far from the University. (About an hour - hour and fifteen minute drive from the mountain.) I had enough time to dress and drive down there. I didn't have a dress, so I had to wear the next best thing, my kahki corduroys and a nice-ish shirt. And tennis shoes. I didn't really want to wear that to church, but it was that or stop somewhere to buy something and I wanted to do that on Sunday less.
Based on when I left, I should have been about 30 minutes early, but I barely made it to church on time. This was due mostly to all the construction that is happening on I-10. They have at least 7 consecutive exits closed (I don't know who thought that was a good idea). Because I was confused as to which exit I was supposed to take to reach the University, I ended up missing it, and had to get off at the next place I could, almost 10 miles later. From there I had to turn around, and take the frontage road back. But I made it.
People were very friendly to me; maybe they thought I was an investigator. :) Mostly I was just glad to be there, to be able to sing, feel the Spirit, and take the Sacrament. It was Fast and Testimony meeting there today (because of General Conference last week), so I enjoyed hearing the testimonies of the Tucson University 4th Ward's members. After the meeting a few other people came and introduced themselves, a few pointed the way to Sunday School if I wanted to stay, and several invited me to the potluck after church. I couldn't stay much longer, unfortunately, as I had to get back on the road to get up the mountain.
I didn't have time to take a nap once I returned, between trying to still squeeze in a walk and a shower before dinner. I'm hoping I don't regret that tonight; I may start getting sleepy in a few hours. Maybe those thin clouds out there will thicken up...
No comments:
Post a Comment