Thursday, February 4, 2010

More snow coming!


It snowed last Saturday, enough to cancel 2/3 of church on Sunday. (But they do that for 5-6 inches of snow here.) It snowed another 3-4 inches Tuesday night. (The above picture is from that storm.) Some schools were canceled, some had delayed openings, and STScI operated under "Liberal Leave." (I barely know what that means, mostly because it only affects administrative staff, and not us post docs. All I know is that I went in around 10:30 and I got an awesome parking space, when on normal days I wouldn't even get a spot in the main garage.)

But now we're in for ANOTHER giant storm this weekend. Winter warning issued for 10am tomorrow (Friday) until 10PM Saturday.....they've recently upped the estimates again. Now we're looking at 18-24 inches. GROSS. There goes the roommate day trip to Philadelphia! Maybe next weekend.... Instead Amanda's idea was to spend Saturday morning making Cap'n Crunch French Toast. Sounds good to me. And I'm working from home tomorrow!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I love that they cancel church for a little snow, it makes me laugh every time you write about that!