Well, we got it. Plus some. These nor'easterns definitely pack a punch.
Friday night I went to a Messiah singalong (so fun!) and afterwards tried to find a snow shovel and rock salt. They were sold out. I went to the grocery store around 11:00pm, and after waiting in line for 35 minutes (they had ONE guy working, so he had all the self checkouts open, going between them to help people), I saw a display of shovels near the exit. Ahh! But I didn't want to go stand in line again, so I didn't buy one...
My roommate Forreste was still around, so we had a snow day together! We had our blinds up, and watched it snow. (And snow....and snow....) We played games, ate food, watched whatever Christmas movie was on TV, and drank hot chocolate. It was actually really, really fun. We got word that church the next day was canceled, and right before going to bed we realized that the heat on the main floor had gone out. AHH!! The good news is though, the heat for the bedroom floors is separate from the downstairs heat. So we didn't freeze as we slept. But we didn't hang out down there Sunday because it was like a meat locker.
I took measurements at different points during the day as the snow continued to add up. The highest measurement was 22 inches!
Baltimore gets an average of about 20 inches of snow a year. This means that we are now done with snow for the year. Yay!
(Too bad it doesn't actually work like that.)
I took some pictures, so here they are!
View of the street at three different times, roughly 11:00, 2:00, and 8:00.
I took a couple measurements during the day. First off, at 1:00pm.
French bread.
* Get excited family, I'm teaching this to you and we're playing over Christmas!
7 comments:
I love all the scientific measurements of snow depths here. That's a pretty crazy storm! Also, canasta is the one game that almost proved to be the undoing of our marriage, so be careful who you play it with (e.g. don't play it with me, because I might get really mad at you.)
That is a lot of snow! We got a few specs (scientific term) here the other week and people went crazy. Also I LOVE your house, it is so beautiful!
Oh man, that sounds like such a fun day!!! Good Food and fun times with Elizabeth. I love how you measured the snow. and Baltimore should be done with snow for the year HAa HA. :D
I LOVE Canasta! I have tried to drop hints that it would be a really good Christmas present for me, but I'm pretty sure people think I'm just making small talk. I am NOT.
Your house is adorable.
Everyone's been so cute about this. It's kind of refreshing actually—in Denver no one ever got impressed (or appropriate DEpressed :)) about the amounts of snow until the drifts were up over your head.
I love that you measured the snow depth! Snow days are so much fun when you don't have to go anywhere. Hope you don't freeze. :)
That is some intense snow! I keep wishing we would get some too, but we haven't seen too much yet. Looks like you guys had lots and lots of fun :) Awesome food too!
Post a Comment