Sunday, December 12, 2010

Some things we never grow out of

You know how little girls* sometimes go through this phase where they have an article of clothing they love so much that they never want to take it off, including wanting to sleep in it? Well, as it turns out, sometimes you don't grow out of some things.

Last night I had to make a quick trip to Kohls** because I had to buy something for a Secret Santa thing I'd signed up for at church. (It involved buying a dress for a girl in the Spanish branch. Also, as it turns out, I know nothing about the way little girl sizes work.)

And so of course, since I was in Kohls, I walked out with stuff for me too, including a shirt, a pair of shoes, and a dress (all for $25!). I wasn't sure about the dress, but I bought it anyway. Among other uncertainties, it was sleeveless, so I was going to need to wear a cardigan over it and I wasn't sure if the one I had would work that well.

So I got home and I tried it on with the additional accessories, to see if I'd need to take it back. Oh no. It's great! I love this dress. I got home and tried on all the additional accessories (no, the fact that it was after midnight did not deter me from this exercise), including the black cardigan, as well as black tights, my blue shoes, and burgundy-colored pearl necklace. When I tried it on last night, I didn't want to take it off; I kind of wanted to sleep in it, I loved it so much. I wore it to church and kept it on even after I got home. I even took an afternoon nap wearing it. Ha! I guess that means that I did sleep in it! Mission accomplished.

I'm not really sure why I love this dress so much. I just think it's super cute, comfortable, and really flattering on me.

My camera is currently in NYC with my friend Bridgid (she's visiting me this week and up in NYC for a couple days; hopefully I'll post more about that later), so I tried using Mac PhotoBooth to take a picture. It's not good at focusing long range (for a full body shot), so here's the best I could do. Not the best picture, but it's cute, I promise!





* Maybe little boys too...I'm not sure since I (a) don't have any little boys and (b) wasn't ever a little boy; but I'm sure about the little girl thing. I was one a long time ago.

** Okay, "quick" and "Kohls" for me never belong in the same sentence. This statement is clearly an exaggeration.

2 comments:

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

Oh I love it! You look great! Great price too.

I say wear it over and over. If it makes you feel good because you look good wear it all the time girl! Girls need to feel like that more often! Enjoy!

Julie said...

It is cute! I need to go to Kohl's and find me one too!